Search This Blog

Monday 12 October 2009

Consequences for scurrilous arrests.

The Damien Green affair for me is an example of where the police only considered whether they could take action and not whether they should.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/oct/12/damian-green-arrest-report

I have little doubt that Mr Green is in more of a position to see those who overstepped the mark held to account.

I'm not sure that we (My family) will be so fortunate.

In September, the case against my husband was dropped due to no evidence.

This extremely traumatic experience over 7 months, whereby the police proved their ability and willingness to punish someone, not for breaking the law, but because he dared to challenge them is over, but in the aftermath another terrible truth has been revealed to me.

I have contacted many solicitors to pursue an action against the police, however as soon as they hear that I am currently working and thus will not qualify for legal aid their interest is curbed.

I find this shocking, that because I am a contributing member of society on a salary that is below the average for someone of my age, qualifications and experience I do not have access to justice.

As such, I am considering my position as considering working part time so that I qualify for legal aid but finding advice in order to make the best decision is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment